Scripps Health takes great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. If you need copies of your medical records for yourself or a third party, we can help.
If you’re a Scripps patient and use the MyScripps portal, you can request copies of your records through MyScripps. Log in to MyScripps and look for Request Medical Record and complete the steps for the Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information.
Additionally, we’ve put together an informational webpage on how to understand medical records, how to read the notes and what to do if you have a question.
If you don’t have a MyScripps account, you can request your medical records by following the steps below.
To request your records from Scripps — including radiology reports and images — download, fill out and sign the form below. Be sure to include the dates of service. Without that information, the request cannot be completed.
- Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information (PDF, 170 KB)
- Autorización Para Divulgar Información de Salud (PDF, 170 KB)
To allow a representative to act on your behalf with regard to protected health information, the Designation of Personal Representative form needs to be completed and signed by the patient.
- Designation of Personal Representative (PDF, 110 KB)
- Designación del Representante Personal (PDF, 120 KB)
- Designation of Personal Representative — Interactive Form (PDF, 150 KB)
- Designación del Representante Personal — Formulario Interactivo (PDF, 150 KB)
Please read the forms carefully before you sign them, and be aware that whoever you give your health information to must be responsible for securing it.
Once you have completed the forms, please mail, fax or email them to:
Release of Information Center
PO Box 235498
Encinitas, CA 92023-5498
Emails requesting medical records must include a completed Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information form (see above).
There is no cost for medical records if they are sent to another health provider for continuing care.
If medical records are requested for personal, legal or insurance purposes, Scripps Health charges the following fees:
- One-time $5 for each patient request
- $0.02 per page charge for electronic records over 250 pages
- $0.10 per page for non-electronic records over 50 pages
- $6.50 for radiology images CD copy or Nucleus.io Imaging Cloud upload.
There is a $15 processing fee for medical records requests from legal offices, copy services and insurance companies. Requests must be mailed to the PO BOX above or served in person to the Scripps Health Release of Information Department. Please contact us for the address.
Additional fees per page may apply. Checks for payment should be made payable to Scripps Health Release of Information Department. To submit a payment by credit card, please call 760-633-7746.
Requests for medical records are processed within 15 business days of receipt. Delivery of medical records to the requester may vary based on the number of requests received.